Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Must have Monday and What's cook catch up day

It's been a very busy week so far and Monday and Tuesday are just a blur at this moment so I missed the "Must have tool Monday" but I thought a lot about it. So today not only are you getting a tool but a cooking tip too for "What's cookin...g Wednesday". The tool I love and I have been using a lot is Olfa Spinning Rotary Mat, 12" X 12". When you are cutting fabric or paper this mat spins and a life saver when your cutting all sides of fabric or paper. I love this mat!
Your cooking tip comes from my neighbor he gave me the best tip the other day. I love fresh herbs but I didn't know how to dry them without a food dryer. Well here is a way to dry your fresh herbs for the winter. Are you ready for this all you need is paper towels. Wash and pat dry your herbs spread them out on a paper towel put another paper towel over the top of it and fold. Now you just set it in a warm dry place (I put mine on top of my fridge) for about a week and your herbs are perfectly dry and ready to put in a plastic bag for later. I have spearmint here. It worked really well.



No comments:

Post a Comment